Objective sensory profiles and sensory mappings are essential for understanding a product category and monitoring strategic product positioning. Using expert sensory profiling and descriptive methods to identify, describe, and quantify all sensory product properties, SAM creates a complete picture of your product.
Our facilities have purpose-built computerised sensory booths for high-quality sensory evaluation. Our teams of sensory scientists manage the highly trained sensory panels to ensure the consistency and quality of your products.
- Quantitative Descriptive Analysis QDA
- QDA for Design of Experiments DoE
- Degree of Difference DoD
- Difference from Control Test
- CATA – Check-All-That-Apply
- RATA – Rate-All-That-Apply
- Trained Consumer Panel Pool
- Consensus Panel
- Polarised Sensory Positioning
- Comparative Profiling / Tasting Method
- Pivot Profile
- Free Choice Profile
- Repertory Grid
- Flavor and Texture Profile
- Ranking Descriptive Analysis
- SAM Pre-Mapping
- Free Sorting
- Flash Profile
- Alternative Forced Choice / Paired Comparison Test
- Triangle Tests
- Tetrad Test
- Two-out-of-Five test
- Duo-Trio Test
- Progressive Profiling
- Temporal Dominance of Sensations TDS
- Temporal Dominance of Emotions TDE
- T-RATA / T-CATA
- Perceptive Sensory Mapping
- Success Mapping
"What I love about sensory science is working so close to the product! It's a really good feeling to see a product on the shelves, knowing that you helped to make it stand out from the crowd."
Whether in fully controlled conditions at our facilities or at home, SAM measures the acceptance of your product, package, brand and claims within your competitive environment, quantifying liking patterns and consumer segments of your targeted market.
Our extensive consumer databases and network of partners allow us to conduct large quantitative studies in 65 different countries around the world with unmatched logistical capabilities.
We design all of our studies with your specific objectives in mind. Using sensory science and the most advanced research techniques, SAM identifies opportunities to increase competitive edge by enhancing product performance and positioning strategy.
Benefit from our years of expertise to conduct rapid and affordable tests with consumers to answer your more urgent questions with SAM Click&Test. Our smart DIY solution to consumer product testing, providing the fast data you need to make better business decisions.
- CLT – Central Location Tests: CLT@Facility and CLT@Home
- HUT – Home Use Test
- SAM Value Scoring
- Tetraclass Modelling
- SAM Conversational Artificial Intelligence / Voice Bots
- Preference Mapping, Modelling and Product Optimization
- SAM Ideal Sensory Trajectory
- SAM Click&Test
- SAM Segmentation Analysis
- Price Sensitivity Studies
- Agile Consumer Research / Sprints
- SAM Textual Artificial Intelligence
- SAM Molecular Sensory Science / Upstream Preference Prediction
- Sensory TURF Analysis
- Bayesian Network
- Conjoint Analysis and MaxDiff Test
- SAM Preference Color Coding
- SAM Context Setting Research
- Ideal Profile Studies
- Implicit Association Tests
- Emotion Measurement
- Neuropsychological / Behavioural Consumer Segmentation (Limbic®)
"I enjoy understanding clients’ different problems and designing bespoke research approaches to solve them. I particularly like it when I can use more innovative methodologies such as implicit testing and emotional techniques. Clients trust that we will combine traditional and new methods that benefit them best".
Combining sensory science with qualitative and observational research, SAM manages to get an in-depth understanding of consumers' behaviours and emotions.
By mixing consumers explicitly recruited for their sensory abilities and qualitative techniques, we can uncover the context and maximise the desired product, brand and packaging experience.
"We offer a wide range of qualitative approaches for consumer centricity, co-creation and innovation: from Focus Groups via digital ethnography up to automated smartphone-based solutions like WhatSAM. Our aim is to always deliver research output that is fresh, compelling and inspiring for our clients."
SAM can audit your sensory capabilities to help improve your best practices for panel management, animation, and motivation, as well as your methodologies and statistical analysis.
SAM guides companies on how to integrate sensory research in their development and innovation strategy. We provide impactful recommendations to structure your product development funnel in a consumer-centric way.
SAM has provided fully customisable and multipurpose digitised sensory furniture for its clients all over the world for many years partnering with sensign. SAM helps to find an individual solution for our client's space requirements, to maintain maximum flexibility at their facilities and at the same time to meet international sensory standards.
"I love training our clients’ internal teams to gain more experience and sensory knowledge and auditing their processes and practices. It is always very gratifying to help clients become more efficient, implement procedures, teach them new methodologies and thus improve the evaluation capacities in their daily activities."