- Want to work on world famous FMCG brands?
- Passionate about new products and innovations?
- Keen to be part of a friendly team who genuinely cares about its people?
- Able to manage a team and lead client accounts?
…If so, SAM-Sensory Dimensions has the right opportunity for you!
About SAM-Sensory Dimensions
SAM-Sensory Dimensions is part of SAM, a global leader in sensory and consumer research, with 20 facilities in UK, France, Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Italy, Morocco, China and the USA. The SAM-Sensory Dimensions facilities are in Reading and Nottingham. We have a growing portfolio of contracts and ad-hoc projects with the world’s most famous FMCG and Retail brands. We provide tailor-made research solutions, delivering actionable guidelines to make clients’ brands and products memorable.
We do this by combining traditional and innovative techniques including: sensory evaluations by trained panels, quantitative consumer product evaluation, qualitative “Product Labs”, implicit approaches, voice enabled and WhatsApp based technology. All our research is under-pinned by best-in-class fieldwork, study design, data analyses, insight generation and engaging communication to clients.
SAM is committed to developing the talent of its team by investment, training and the creation of career opportunities.
Full time. Permanent. Nottingham or Reading based with hybrid working and occasional travel between locations and to clients’ offices.
You will be helping our key FMCG clients by developing the best research solutions to meet their business needs and presenting and disseminating insights and recommendations to their stakeholders. Many of these projects will be multi-phase and multi-disciplinary. You will manage major client accounts and be the lead contact for ad-hoc and contracted sensory and consumer research. The role will require research design, proposal writing and study management, through to data analyses and presentation of insights and recommendations to the client. In addition, you will mentor more junior staff in research techniques and commercial awareness and play a key role in developing new client services and ways of working at SAM-Sensory Dimensions.
The key requirements for this Associate Director role are:
- In-depth knowledge and experience in sensory and consumer research, as applied to FMCG product development and optimisation.
- Successful team leader.
- Experienced in administrating and driving multi-phase programmes of work.
- Able and willing to contribute to the management of the research function.
- Experienced in managing cross-disciplinary projects.
- Excellent report writer, presenter and storyteller.
Also useful would be:
- Track record in the discovery, creation and implementation of innovative research methodologies.
- Understanding of multi-variate statistical analysis.
- Experience of working alongside FMCG R&D and/or Marketing teams.
- Client-side experience.
Salary & Benefits
In addition to salary, we provide a package of benefits including a health cash plan, flexible working hours and 25 days holiday, plus statutory holidays.
SAM-Sensory Dimensions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Please send your application/CV to Tracey Sanderson (MD), or contact her for an initial confidential chat.
Back to list